Welcome to the Shop!
Two Rivers Yarns offers a full range of yarns, needles, patterns, books, notions, tools and gifts for knitters and crocheters. We also have in-house teachers that offer private lessons and a full range of Classes, Knit-Alongs and Special Events.
Two Rivers Yarns
September 10, 2020
THE SHOP IS NOW OPEN ON THURSDAYS FROM NOON TO 5PM
KNIT CLINIC WITH TC WILL BE ON THURSDAYS NOON TO 5PM – stop by to see TC to get assistance and questions answered!
SHOP WILL BE NOW BE OPEN ON THURSDAYS (NOON-5PM), FRIDAYS (11AM-5PM), SATURDAYS (11AM-5PM), AND SUNDAYS (NOON-4PM) – APPOINTMENTS WELCOME ON OTHER DAYS – PLEASE CALL US!
Due to continued COVID-19, TRY will have limited open days / hours, masks will be required, and we will limit the number of people in the store to then (10). TRY is continuing to practice stringent cleaning protocols within the shop in order to keep all employees and customers safe.
- Open shop hours will be limited to Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday with hours listed above (shop still closed on Monday and Tuesday). However, those days closed will continue to be by appointment only. If you wish to come in on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday please call the shop number for an appointment (240-457-0410).
- Customers coming into the shop will be required to wear a mask while inside. Be sure to bring yours. Employees will be wearing masks too!
- Maximum of ten (10) customers will be allowed in the store at any one time. If you arrive and there are multiple cars in the parking lot, please give us a quick call (240-457-0410) and we will confirm you can come in.
- We ask that you maintain the recommending six (6) feet between yourself and other shoppers at all times.
- Curbside pickup will still be available to those that do not feel comfortable coming into the shop.
- For now, TRY will not be conducting Knit Night or classes in the shop in order to adhere to safe social distancing. Hopefully Knit Night can resume shortly!
Thank you for your continued patronage of Two Rivers Yarns! We look forward to seeing everyone really soon!
– TC Strauser 240-457-0410
Shop Small Business Promotion
Purchase $50 or more and receive 10% off your total. Gift cards are still available, too!
New Yarns arriving weekly! Since Shenandoah Valley Fiber Festival has gone to a Virtual Show this year due to COVID-19 restrictions, come see what we had planned to bring! Check out SVFF Facebook page for all the details of their Virtual Show!
Now is the time to help your favorite local yarn shop survive COVID-19.
“One Skein Wonder” – if everyoone came in and purchased one skein it would do wonders for our small business.
Bring a friend – but practice safe social distancing (we have three rooms to roam through). All COVID cleaning and mask requirements are ongoing for your protection.
All Amy Odin Classes have been cancelled at this time due to the safety of all our staff and customers
Things We Do…
Find Local Yarns
Two Rivers Yarns scours the countryside to find both local and regional Fiberists. We seek to find quality hand dyed yarns and also sponsor trunk shows in support of our friends and neighbors.
Currently these yarns are sourced from 3 different states: PA, MD and VA.
& Offer Classes
Knit Alongs are happening here, whether we just gather and knit, or have a structured project, our group knit alongs from 4:30 PM to 7 PM every Thursday night are really taking off. We also have our teachers on hand to assist with your projects every Wednesday from Noon to 1 PM.
We offer 1-on-1 classes (on-demand), if you need that level of support as well. So, come on out and see us – we have a nice sitting area for our customers to enjoy too!
Sale Needles & Notions
In the middle of a project? Need a needle? We have them… our selections range from Bamboo to Karbonz, DPNs to Circulars and all kinds of accessories.
We also carry Needle Sets… always keeping them on hand. We now have Lykke Birch needles in the house – what a treat they are to knit with!
Things we Did…